Biogas Project - Kilimanjaro, Manyara and Singida (2013)
Goal: Construct 507 digesters and train farmers on bio-slurry
- Established biogas committees in biogas villages;
- Connected future biogas users to a credit facility, Mwanga Community Bank (MRCB);
- Conducted bio-slurry trainings to 400 households in biogas villages.
Biogas Project - Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara and Singida (2012)
Goal: Construct 416 digesters and promote biogas technology
- Conducted meetings in 20 villages and 188 house visits in Manyaa to promote biogas technology;
- Trained 572 biogas users (323 men and 166 women);
- Established informal biogas user groups in Babati (Manyara).
Biogas Project - Arusha, Kilimanjaro, Manyara and Singida (2011)
Goal: Construct 300 digesters and promote biogas technology
- Conducted trainings on solid state plant and interlocking stabilizing solid block;
- Conducted an exhibition on biogas during National Farmers’ Day in Riroda;
- Advertised biogas technology through Radio Free Africa;
- Provided incentives (200,000 TSH) to masons who constructed more than 2 digesters in a month;
- Promoted biogas technology through village leaders and by going door to door.